It seems like you can’t look anywhere without seeing the latest magic health and fitness fad. It always seems so simple to read and so hard to do. Here are 15 things to focus on that are easy and manageable to do daily. It is possible that you are on the lookout for more great ways to stay fit and healthy. If you want to know the secret, it’s in the food that you eat. Indeed, if your body is taking in the right combination of food, you are probably not going to need the services of a doctor anymore! Doctors and medical practitioners may not be too happy with that statement, but, yes, the food that you eat plays a great role in your overall health.
Then again, adopting a healthy diet is often easier said than done. Indeed it is quite difficult to say no to the tempting offerings of fast-food restaurants. The juicy taste of hamburgers, the mouth-watering ice cream delight, the tasty French fries — how can you say no to these things?
Nevertheless, there is a need to know which foods are healthy to eat and which ones are not to ensure a healthier lifestyle.
Below is a rundown of Dos and Don’ts of healthy eating:
1. Do reduce your intake of saturated and unsaturated fats.
2. Do minimize eating foods rich in cholesterol. If you can avoid them, steer clear of them.
3. Do regulate your blood cholesterol levels.
4. If ever you have to use butter or margarine, do so only sparingly and not every time you eat; and do not use butter for cooking.
5. Do substitute ice cream with low-fat yogurt — they taste roughly the same, anyway.
6. Do satisfy your sweet tooth with naturally-sugared fruits instead.
7. Do use olive oil or canola oil when preparing your meals
8. Do substitute whole milk with skimmed milk
9. Do include beans and peas and other protein-rich foods in your daily diet.
10. As much as possible, avoid eating organ meats, such as liver
11. You should also avoid having egg yolks in your meals.
12. Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits, especially the fiber rich ones. Carrots, cauliflowers, apples, peaches, and bananas are highly recommended to be eaten on a regular basis to ensure good health.
13. Eat bread made from 100% whole grain.
14. Prefer brown rice to white rice because it’s a lot healthier.
15. Incorporate flaxseeds in your regular diet. Flaxseeds have high fiber and omega-3 acid content.
You are also advised to eat slowly and carefully. This means that you have to chew your food well; and eat in moderation. Anything and everything, when done in excess, has health repercussions in the end.
Try to avoid going to fast food restaurants because you are sure to get your fair share of saturated fats from those places. Instead, make it a habit to prepare your own meals. This way, you are able to control the ingredients that you put in your dishes.
So basically, the food that you eat makes a lot of difference in your general health. Even if you are exercising every day, and even if you do not smoke, but if you are eating all the wrong foods, your health still becomes somewhat compromised.